Wednesday, February 27, 2013

the re-surface

there has been a shift in these last four months. a problem that has evidently stopped the flow of  words: i am happy. there is a second factor, without asking for it, i received the gift of healing from depression. i have not been depressed in three months. apparently my writing is not use to this inner joy because i've been dreaming in poetry. and when it comes time to commit my words to paper, silence surfaces, giving me little with which to work. so here i am a happy 25 year old woman with a lingering hardness that is blocking my words. that won't let my heart be released. the absence of words and tight-locked air keep my spirit tangled like mushy seaweed and a dead jellyfish. so i've got to swim to release my spirit. write so that my words won't only be sad. won't only be light in my darkness. in the birth of new light, and revealing truths, unravel from the trumpet like dizzy g. to confuse. to make sense. to make meaning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment