Sunday, April 22, 2012

he will listen, beyond expectations

does nephew listen to the wisdom of his tia? today he did, in silence while his eyes fixed on the cartoons on tv. a dry "okay" was all he said. i wonder if he listens? him probably not, his spirit, yes, absolutely. i know so. i was once an arrogant and ignorant person. y me propuse que el no me llamaria tia. pero aun ahora me encanta oir tia. tia, tia, tia. la unica tia que reconocia eran mis tias. and i did not want to be sour, old, and delightful, so i didn't want to be called tia. but now, my 5 year old piece of heaven, troubled, loved, and cuddled, is my reason to be better. i may not always be there for him in the way that i would like, but i will always be his tia drea. my little munchkin is turning five. an like the ignorant, arrogant that i once was, it has taken five years to pride myself in being tia.

No comments:

Post a Comment